7 Economic Indicators about the Lekki Free Trade zone – Ibeju Lekki
The no. 1 secret of most successful Real Estate Investors is that they buy land on the fringe of development and wait for capital appreciation. It is wisdom to buy Real Estate and wait , not wait to buy real estate.
- The Lekki Free Trade Zone area is geographically located in Ibeju Lekki. This area cuts through Eleko Beach road to the free trade zone road to LaCampaigne Tropicana Beach Resort.
- The Master plan of the Lekki Free Trade Zone area is designed to be built as a satellite city in Lagos for eco-city for residents, dynamic commerce and trade and modern industrial business.
- The Free Trade Zone is being developed as a multi-product and logistics hub for the entire West African Region. Strategically located 60km east of Lagos, the zone is well connected by road, sea and by air. When fully developed, it will will house a number of petroleum and petrochemical complexes, agro-commodity and other manufacturing industries.
- The Dangote Refinery and Petrochemical Industry is just 4 minutes drive from the Free Trade Zone. Dangote Refinery is a $14 billion project set to be completed in 2018. On completion, the refinery will have the capacity to refine 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day.
- Opposite the Free Trade Zone is the Lekki Deep Seaport. The Deep Seaport is designed to handle about 6 million Twenty-foot Equivalent Units (TEUs) of containers. The deep seaport is proposed to be in full operation in 2019 and it is estimated to create 169,000 jobs directly and indirectly.
- Dangote Fertilizer Plant is 4 minutes drive from Dangote Refinery. The refinery and fertilizer projects of Dangote Industries Limited are expected to become operational by the last quarter of 2018 and are estimated to create a minimum of 235,000 new jobs, both direct and indirect.
- The La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort is another landmark on the Lekki Free Trade Zone axis. The Beach Resort is about 15km drives from the Dangote fertilizer plant.
With the above 7 economic indicators it is clear that Returns on Real Estate investment here will skyrocket come 2018 when all these projects are scheduled to be completed.(The trend in the last 2years has been 52-100% in 12 months. Smart investors have started acquiring landed properties here in anticipation for the capital appreciation that would soon hit the Free Trade Zone axis in Ibeju Lekki.
If a business mogul like Dangote could invest over $100 million in Ibeju-Lekki, the new Lagos smart city) where the world’s largest refinery would be situated, then any discerning mind should be thinking of doing the same by securing a plot(s) from the areas earmarked for residential use.
It’s not compulsory you live there; you can buy as many plots as you can afford and then wait. Land in this axis appreciates faster than anywhere in the country, thousands would be willingly to lease your house in another 3years.